Monday, November 8, 2010

Christmas Shopping at home

No, I don't mean online or from catalogues... I mean from your home!

In the last post I told you about my Garage Sale, well, before I opened up the sale, I walked around myself as a shopper and picked up a few items that were in perfect condition that will now be wrapped up and used as Christmas gifts!

You don't have to have a garage sale to find presents in your own home, how about the garden?  If you've a green thumb (lucky you) what about re-potting some herbs or a decorative plant for someone from cut-offs.  This is especially nice if the plant is not yet at it's peak, as the receiver will enjoy your gift for longer and then for years after will be reminded of your thoughtful (thought secretly frugal) gift.

Do some web surfing for DIY gifts such as gift hampers (can often use boxes or baskets from home etc.)  you'll be surprised how cheap you can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment