Sunday, March 14, 2010

Revamp your old furniture and save $$$$

My desk is UGLY.


I have to admit that after some mild (ish) complaining on my part my better half pulled some useless pieces off of it so that it was more usable, but it is still a boring piece of laminated ply-wood that I hide in the corner and cover with work (well I guess I would do that anyway - but this is my excuse for not uncovering it!).


So I think to myself, "how do I procrastinate today? - aha! I'll find out how to get a new desk, on the cheap."  the obvious answer - paint it, but how? so a little bit of fluffing around on Google and I came across yet another wonder woman blogger (woman, we are good!) Lindsay (of Living with Lindsay was in a similar situation with a wardrobe in her house and decided to  post a tutorial for us to learn from.


Budget benefit? - well this way I wont be tempted to spend money on a new desk at any point especially as this one is structurally perfect.  


Special Note: DIY may not always be the cheapest or best solution, sometimes you might spend more time and money fixing up mistakes than you would have if you'd hired someone to do the job for you or just bought a new one. Just think your options through and do some research before you start any new DIY project.


My lovely better half is off for 2 weeks for work tomorrow so today is filled with organising for this separation and thus I doubt I'll get around to DIY shopping today (or this fortnight) but as soon as it happens you'll be one of the first to know!


Happy furniture 'shopping'!

No comments:

Post a Comment