Sunday, April 11, 2010

Maybe thinking of others can save you money.

"There are starving children in Africa - finish your dinner!" (or some variation of that) was probably spoken at your family dinner table at some point or another.  I personally think that if you are full, stop eating.  Most meals can be put aside in the fridge or freezer for another time (this saves money too!) and teaches us to understand our body's needs better and prevents overeating issues in later life.
But back to the point here.  I would like you to think of those 'starving children' when you shop or think of spending money.  I received this powerpoint presentation via email this morning and tracked it down on Youtube for you.
Usually these things just depress me but this one just made me grateful.
Watch it then reconsider how important it is that you have that new pair of shoes or drive to work because the bus sucks.  I know that my joggers (that I've had for about 8 years and worn most days) can probably last a few more months at least!

just something to think about

No comments:

Post a Comment